mediaserv has now reached v0.04. Thanks to everyone for providing feedback. Here's a demo of my N800 playing back a DVD rip in 720x576 1000kbps video, 192kbps audio DivX off a 1GHz Via C3 processor box transcoding to 770-encode's "average" preset:
Download: mediaserv-0.04.tar.gz (29KB)
Its main features now include:
- On-demand transcoding of videos.
- Easy-to-use web UI, and integration with Video Center.
- Playback in standard Media Player or mplayer, depending on the configuration of your Web Browser and/or Video Center.
- Automatic thumbnail generation.
- Meta-data from MythTV and Freevo for subtitles and descriptions.
- Tested on Linux, Mac OS X and other Unix-like OSes.
It's fully documented, but obviously since it's only v0.04 there are almost certainly still bugs and enhancements which can be made. So comments are, as ever, welcome.